Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Especially for you ...

This fold-out Valentine's Day card was sent to me in 1978 by Chris P., a young woman that worked with my mother.  I remember her accompanying my mother on a visit to Longwood's Octoberfest during my first year there.  My mother still has some of the photos taken during that visit on display in her house and it's always fun to see them.  We lost touch with Chris as often happens over time but my mother seems to remember seeing in the newspaper that she was married back in the 1980s.  

The Gibson verse inside the card:  Especially for you ... here's a Valentine greeting that brings you a wish it's a pleasure repeating ... Be happy and spend it your favorite way ~~ This warm, friendly time we call Valentine's Day!  

Chris wrote inside:  "Greetings from Petersburg.  Hope school is going smoothly and that you haven't lost weight.  Love, Chris"

I had problems keeping weight on because I despised the dining hall!  Too chaotic for me and I'd avoid it by not eating there ... possibly not the smartest tactic since it was already paid for as part of the tuition.  Ah well!


No comments:

Post a Comment