Cursor

Flower 55

Monday, May 20, 2024

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked June 25, 1993

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received your nice letter & glad to hear from you.

Harold is still hanging in there.  His kidneys are almost kaput.  The nurse is either there or calling several times a week.

I didn't get the new magazine yet.  I'll keep you posted.

I'm glad you decided on that plan for your house.  I'm sure you are anxious to get going.

We had several bad storms this week.  I'm like you - I hate them.  I used to hide under the table when one started.  (That was when I was a kid!)

Tara had her baby on Wednesday & Donna's father died on Tuesday.  

I talked to Bunny last night (Mrs. Wallace's niece).  She had sent me a big tray of strawberries.  They picked 38 lbs.  She took her 3 boys (great-grandchildren) up to a farm & they all picked.  She sure is a nice person.  She always remembers me when they go somewhere.  She brought me souvenirs from Australia, Burmuda & Florida.  Even sourdough bread from California. 

When you move you should get a magnolia tree to plant.

How are Jack's allergies doing with all those trees around?

Well hon, I better close now.  I must get ready & go to the Farmer's Market.  I need fruit, etc.  

Write when you can & love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment