Cursor

Flower 55

Friday, August 2, 2024

Grandma Letter To Mom ~~ Postmarked August 21, 1972

 

She wriote:

Dear Joan,

Received your letter yesterday and was glad to hear from you.  

I will be glad when you get Shelby to that doctor.  I truely hope, if there's anything wrong, he can find it.  Let me know as soon as you hear anything.

I went over to Lillian's for the day& we went to Talbots ~~ but the sizes are so varied I was afraid to get anything for you.  I got a black sleeveless top with white binding on the arm holes & neck. It is not a long top - about regular shell length.  I also got a white "A" line skirt but it is not gored & is made full.  I tried on a top like your blue one but it was too tight and the next size up was too loose.  Lillian had the same trouble with what she tried on.  I still didn't get the navy blue top yet.  They just don't have them but I'm still trying! 

What color jacket do you want for Shelby? I don't know where you measured that vest but those corduroy ones I made are longer than 13".  Do you want the jacket made out of corduroy?  Ribbed or plain? 

Let me know how things turn out & keep your fingers crossed for Shelby.  

Love to all,
Mama

P.S.  How did you like the book "Spoonhandle"?

No comments:

Post a Comment