Cursor

Flower 55

Monday, April 29, 2024

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked April 29, 1989

 


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received your nice letter & had a good laugh over the newspaper clipping "excuses" you sent!

It is dark & dreary here today.  I wanted to cut out your Mom's black skirt, but it is hard to work on black on a dark day like this.

I used my Piece Goods' certificate yesterday.  I am sending you a small piece of the fabric so you can see the color.  I got the blue linen for a tailored double-breasted dress.  I haven't done anything like this in years so I hope I don't have any problems.  Thanks again for the certificate.

They put new safety windows in all the ground level apts.  I sure like them.  They are so easy to keep clean.  They tilt in for cleaning.

I am reading "The Ladies of Missalonghi"  It's good.  Your Mom said you wanted some of them back, or maybe all of them so let me know.  I appareciate your sending them to me.

I am going to try that cookie recipe on the back of your letter.  It sounds good.

I'm sure your plants will be pretty.  We need rain here.  We are about 6 1/2 inches below normal.

I will get on your picture as soon as I finish the horse.  That is just about the hardest thing I have done so far.  I am working backwards on it.  The graph is only half of the border.  You work the other side from it going backwards.  Do you still get "stitching" books and also books from Herrschners?  They sure have some pretty things in them.

Well hon, I must get this downstairs before the mailman gets here.  You never know how early he picks up the mail.  Let me hear from you when you have the chance. 

Love always,

Grandma

Love to Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment