Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked June 5, 1993

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thought I would use the lovely notecards again. 

Harold's internal bleeding is worse.  The nurse comes 3 times a week & then reports to Dr. Shore.  He wants to try & keep him out of the hospital if he can because Harold says he wants to die at home & I am sure that is in the near future although he gets better & then gets worse.

I sure hope you don't get poison ivy.  I am very susceptable to it.  The wind can blow on me & I get it if it's around.

It is very chilly here & only in the 50s.

I'm feeling okay just now.  I have good days & bad days.  I don't have much strength in my left arm & hand and bing left-handed it is a problem. I use my right as much as possible.

Well hon, better get this down in the mail slot before she comes.  You never know when that is.

Write soon & take care.

Love always,
Grandma

Love to Jack & hope he has a nice birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment