Friday, July 31, 2026

Grandma Letter ~~ August 2, 1996

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

I was so glad to get your letter yesterday.  I imagined something was wrong but I'm glad you & Jack are okay.

How was your birthday?  Did your Mom & Dad come over?

One of our tenants -- two apartments down the hall -- died Wednesday night.  He was sick for some time.

The band festival is here today and tomorrow.  What a mess that makes.  They come from all over the country.  The number of buses is unbelievable.  It is almost impossible to get in and out of our parking lot.  The stadium is next door.

Yes, I like our name stickers too.  The ones I have been using are some that have come to me gratiis from some organization or other.

Yes, I have two violets now.  The plant I bought got a shoot on it and I cut it off & planted it and that one is now over 12" across.  Lavender with one dark purple petal.  Don't let them in the sun!  I wish I could find a good home for my cactus.  They are so big and I have no place for them any more.  One bloomed last Xmas but the other one just keeps growing.

I never got the afghan yarn.  They put it on back-order again. 

I am doing "The Lady", like I did for your Mom, for Ruth.  She wants to give it to Beckie for Xmas.  I am almost done.

Well hon, I hope you can read this, my writing gets worse all the time.  Take care and write when you can  and give my love to Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment