Sunday, July 19, 2026

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked July 18, 1994

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Today your Mom turns 62!

Ruth's daughter went home yesterday.  Ruth is busy sorting everything out, clothes, etc.  They only had graveside services.  The crematorium is just a few blocks from here.

The old gentleman that Ruth checks on is 100 years old today.  He had a big bash at one of the hotels.  Invited 40 guests.  He lives alone.  

Your mom wants me to come down this summer.  I have an appointment with Dr. Jones - the first checkup since my eye surgery..  It's on August 1st.  I go to Dr. Shore next week.  I won't be able to come until after that.  I told her I didn't know when I could come because I had forgotten about the doctors.  I must let her know.

Are you planing any "babies" from your rose of Sharon?  The one I used to have on Ott Blvd, I saw it last week and it is in full bloom.  It is almost tree size.

Mrs. Wallace's niece has gone to the shore for a month.  They have shares in a home down there.  It is near Asbury Park, NJ.

It is sweltering up here too!

I want to get a perm in the next week or so, before I come down there.  I will be so glad to see you & Jack.  Just think, it has been a couple of years.  

Is there anything I can bring you when I come down?

Well hon, I better close now and drop your mom a line or two.  Write when you can and take care!

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment