She wrote:
Dear Shelby,
Thanks for your nice letter!
Our meal was delicious. We had never had their stuffed peppers before. I bought 3 nice long peppers at the farmer's market. I cut them in halves length-wise & stuff them. I get six meals. I love them. I also bought white corn & string beans. Made them yesterday.
Ruth's birthday is Monday. I got her a cute card.
Your picture is coming along fine. I am over the hardest part. The tea kettle & two bottom cups were hardest. I have run out of 3 of the colors and had to use my own. I don't understand a company like that! I always have left-over thread.
My cleaning lady was here yesterday. She cleans the bathroom & runs the vacuuum cleaner ov the floors & ducts. Does a good job. A lot of the ladies here have their cleaning done. Dr's orders, no vacuuming or washing windows or anything that takes my strength.
Send me your recipe for lasagna some time. I'd like to try it.
Ruth's son Ray is coming up in a couple weeks. I've known him since he was a little boy! He lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Well, not much news here, so write when you can & love to Jack. Take care.
Love always,
Grandma

No comments:
Post a Comment