Monday, August 24, 2026

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked August 22, 1996

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letter.  I have been busy getting things straightened up and food shopping for my "company".  It has been a year next month since I have seen your Mom!

No, I didn't go to the festival.  The foods are regional.  Polish, Hungarian, etc!  They are good though.  Donna makes halupkies.  They are like stuffed peppers except you wrap the rice, etc in cabbage leaves & put tomato sauce on top & bake.

Yes, the James Michener book was called "The Eagle and the Raven".

I'm glad you passed your health test.  My cholestrol is high but the doctor said at my age you don't worry about it too much.

Your Mom said something about me making something for you.  What's the story?

Well, there is not much news here, so write when you can.  Take care and love to Jack.  

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  Mrs. Wallace is going to be 90 on the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment