Friday, September 18, 2026

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 17, 1987

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

I received your most welcome letter yesterday.  It is always nice to hear from you.

I'm glad you liked the sampler.  I thought it was nice.  The colors are so "soft".

Woiuld you like one of those wreaths that your Mom had on her door, that I made on plastic with the toys?  It was on the inside of her front door.

There is a big "to do" in Philly all day today.  There go the "soaps"!  They are having a big parade & it is raining.  We had a bad storm early this morning.  It is still raining.

Thanks for the brochures!  It is all so beautiful!

Marion and I are going to the Bloomsbury Fair on the 29th.  The scenery is beautiful.  It is about a 2 hour ride on the bus.  In November, I am supposed to go to the Valley Forge Music Theater.  Roy Clark & Mel Tillis will be there.  The last time I went we saw Joel Grey in "George M" (or Yankee Doodle).

Well, I better get this downstairs so you will get it by Saturday.  

I am anxiously awaiting going on a vacation with your Mom.  I don't know where yet though.  

Take care & love to Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment