Monday, September 28, 2026

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 7, 1994

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received your nice letter.

The weather is just beautiful up here.  The nights are really cool.

I don't know when I will get down there.  I hope I can come.

You really had your work cut out for you, with all that gravel.

I bet you were glad to get your camera back.  Your dad took some very good pictures with it.

They are sand-blasting the iron railing that comes up the drive and what a mess that makes.  I put my car down on the street & it is still full of grit.

I'm glad the fair is over because they had so many of the streets blocked off.

Ruth leaves on Wednesday & Lisa is sending her the ticket but she hasn't received it yet.  She is worried.  I am going to miss her.

Did you ever cash your birthday check?  I didn't get it back yet.

I had another bunch of mushrooms in my Christmas cactus plant.  I dug them out.

I am getting near the end of the cross-stitch picture.  It's pretty!

Well, write soon & take care of yourself.  Love to Jack.

Love always,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment