Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, December 24, 2011

For you, Granddaughter at Christmas

My grandmother sent me this card in the 1970s and it has such a sweet design!  She would have turned 101 years old two days ago and I miss her terribly.  She could be so acerbic ... I even miss that part!!  She would come to visit at Christmastime and bring tins and tins and more tins of homemade cookies ... we'd be eating them well into February.  And they were so delicious!  My favorite were the little round cookie balls that had chopped walnuts and were rolled in red or green glitter jimmies.  Most times when thoughts of Christmas come to me, they are thoughts of the Christmases of my childhood more so than Christmases of today.  Merry Christmas, Grandma!!  

Inside the card:  You're as pretty as the ornaments that hang upon the tree, as sweet as Christmas candy, and as dear as you can be!  Have a Merry Christmas!"



No comments:

Post a Comment