Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

For your graduation

The only thing better than receiving a greeting card in the mail is receiving a money holder card in the mail!  This yellow rosed beauty was sent to me in 1978 when I graduated from high school and I have absolutely no idea how much cash was in it.  It was sent by my Great Uncle Paul & Aunt Marian.  She writes on the back:

 "Both Uncle Paul and I want to send congratulations and best wishes for your graduation and for the future whatever it might be.  Sorry we could not be there but we will be thinking of you.  Again best wishes and God Bless and guide you."

Paul was my grandmother's "little" brother and he and Marian lived in Allentown near her.  They've both since passed away.  I guarantee you, the money was appreciated as well as the sentiment!


No comments:

Post a Comment