Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Young Lady

This adorable fold out birthday card was sent to me in the 1960s by the Kilpatricks who lived one street over from us.  They were an older couple and I loved visiting them.  Her name was Minnie and her husband was called "The Colonel" and was in fact a retired military colonel.  The card is signed "Minnie & The Col. & me too".  The "me too" part referred to their little chihuahua Mike.  Needless to say, I was crazy about him and I like to think he enjoyed my visits too ... after all, he did send birthday greetings!  The duck's bow on the front of the card is ribbon and still firmly attached to the card.  This American Greetings card has a great whimsical design and was a good bargain for 25 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment