Cursor

Flower 55

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ziggy

It's impossible to describe how popular Ziggy was in the 1970s!  He was everywhere!!  This card was sent to my by a friend Chris during my first semester at college.  She worked with my mother and had come to visit me at Longwood shortly after my arrival.  The date inside the card is 9/9/78 and the sentiment inside the card reads " ... Hope YOU'RE having a nice day ...". 

Chris wrote:

"Surprise!  Thought you'd never hear from me, I bet.  You're almost right.  Well, I'm here at Regency Square Mall, shopping & squandering my hard-earned dollars frivilously.  You probably won't get this card until sometime next week as I don't normally carry stamps on my person while shopping.  The reason for this card - my feet are killing me!  Hope you are not suffering from "shopper's foot" - you probably are studying your books, I'm sure.  I really enjoyed the visit to Longwood, and hope to be able to see it more often; perhaps I'll come visit you one Sunday - now that I know how to get there - that is if I don't overshoot Farmville by continuing through it due to its gigantic size.  At any rate, hope that you are adjusting smoothly to college life & atmosphere, plus enjoying your studies & improving your camping skills.  Your mother is fine - We miss your phone calls.  Take care of yourself (eat breakfast!) & write once in a while. Love, Chris"

No comments:

Post a Comment