Cursor

Flower 55

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Letter From Grandma ~~ November 1991


She was clearly anxious over her impending eye surgery.  She ultimately had it done on both eyes and came through with flying colors.

She writes:

Dear Shelby,

Received both your letters.  We had a lot of fog here too for several days.

I went to Dr. Shore yesterday & he gave me a physical.  Says I am O.K.  I will never be the same again!  I don't have the stamina I once had.  

I do dread this operation.  I am so afraid I will do some dumb thing that might tear the stitches.  The least pressure like a bad coughing spell or sneezing can do harm.  I am doing a lot of both lately. My sinuses are so bad.  Dr. Shore gave me a bottle of new drops.  Dr. Jones said "Use Sudafed.".  I guess it will be about 4 weeks till I can drive.  Yes, Harold and Ruth will be a big help.

I have been lucky all my life in that I never was really sick in all those years.

Out at the library they have a room with books for sale. I went in there last week & found "Thurston House" by Danielle Steel.  I have been looking for it for so long.  It must have been one of her first.  I got it for 25 cents.  It is a paperback & looks like it was never read.  

I don't know how much reading I can do for a while but they do say you can watch tv.

I hope your & Jack's colds are better.

Donna is so busy I don't bother her to cut my hair.  I go out to one of the Holiday Shops & the girl that I usually get, left, so now I will have to use someone else.

I am sure I can write to you even though I have to wear dark glasses in the house if the lights are "too glary".

Well hon, write soon.  Take care,

Love Always, 

Grandma

P.S.  Love to Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment