Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Rare Dad Letter Sent to Me at College ~~ Postmarked December 11, 1979 in Chillicothe, Ohio

    

Hello,

How are you?  I'm fine, I just wrote your mama.  I went home this weekend and she sort of hollered at me for not writing but 3 times in three weeks but I just can't think of anything to say.  Anyway, I thought that I had better.

I was glad to hear from you.  I appreciate the birthday card, and the missing you card.  Thanks for remembering.

I'm quitting Friday and coming home for Xmas, not work any more until next year.  How about that?

Those grades sound almost too good to be true.  Are you sure they are yours?  

Joan was worrying how she was going to get you that last day, now she's tickled to death cause I can do it.  I said let Grandma get her, she said hell she can't see any better than I can at night.  Tough when  you get old.

I guess it's a relief to have next semester all lined up.  Maybe the computer won't mess up and have to change anything.

Well, I guess I'll go mail these so they won't be over a week being delivered.  See you Xmas.

Love,

Dad

P.S.  Buy some more tangerines.  

I happened to think.  Don't write here.  I'll be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment