Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked July 3, 1991


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Glad to hear from you.  Your Mom & Dad came up as you know & I enjoyed their visit.

It is rainy & cool here, very overcast.

I took the bandage off my face Tuesday (last week) & it is still touchy but is fine.  

Yes, I had a nice time at Donna's.  Her food is always good.

No, the nurse came 3 times a week for 2 months.

I went to Dr. Shore today.  They are in the process of moving to an office near the hospital.  He changed my medicine around - nothing new - just cut some of it down a bit & gave me a month's supply of nitro glycerin patches.  I put one on my chest every morning & take it off at night.  It is some kind of medicine that goes in thru the skin.  I asked him if he thought I was doing okay & he said I was.  Of course, I didn't expect him to say anything else.  I have lost so much weight.  I told him I get tired when I walk & my legs don't want to go where I want them to.  I haven't much stamina. 

I don't know what the little Shelby's middle name is but I'll ask Donna.

Let me know about your new Rose of Sharon.

They are having fireworks Thursday up at the stadium (the city sponsors it).  We sit out front.  They are something to see.  It is just 1/2 block away.  The streets & park are jammed.

Well hon, I better close so write when you can.  Have a good holiday.  Take care.

Love Always,

Grandma

P.S.  Love to Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment