Cursor

Flower 55

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Grandma Letter ~~ October 1995


Grandma wrote:

Oct. 7, 1995

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the letter.

I am sure you are all keyed up about the house.  I would be!

No, I didn't get Reeboks!  I got "L.A. Gear".  They didn't have 7 1/2 in Reeboks so I got practically the same as the Princess style I wear in the white for $20 less on sale.

It took about 2 hours to Atlantic City by way of Philly.

I am reading the book on Ethel Kennedy.  I have read about 100 pages so far.  There is one out now about Mrs. Rose Kennedy.  I can't remember the name but Rose is the last word.

Dr. Shore says I'm fine for my age.  Just all the aches and pains that go with GETTING OLD!

What a travesty of justice that OJ trial turned out to be.  He will pay -- one way or another before everything is settled.

Did you get much rain & bad weather from "Opal"?  We got wind and about 3 days of rain.

Dr. Shore's nurse gave me 11 weeks supply of one of my medicines.  The expensive one -- they are all expensive but this was the worst.

If you get a chance, take a picture of your mom.  I want to send it to Paula.  She is always asking about her.

Well hon, not much news here so write when you get a chance.   Take care!

Love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment