Cursor

Flower 55

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Grandma Letter ~~ January 2, 1996




Dear Shelby,

Received your two letters & can't imagine what took my letter so long to reach you.  Must have gone by way of China!

Do you have heat in your new house yet?  It will be cold painting.  Your Mom really loves it.  

It is snowing & they predicted freezing rain but I had a 9:45 app't at the dentist.  I lost a filling so I braved the elements and went but it wasn't really bad.  

Ruth is not feeling well this morning.  She ate pork & kraut yesterday (the new years dish up here) and she thinks that is what upset her stomach.

I watched the Rose Parade yesterday morning & then turned it over to the Mummers.  It was beautiful.  One announcer called it Broadway on Broad Street.  It was like a stage production.  One I liked best was one from the 1920s.  Flappers doing the Charleston (I used to do that!).  The plumage on some costumes was gorgeous.  Everything was glitter and feathers.

I took my decorations down yesterday.  I was sick of looking at them.

I must get a perm.  My hair is getting long and it is thick & just makes me look like a huge head.

I just finished reading "Five Days in Paris" by Danielle Steel and "Everything to Gain" by Barbara Taylor Bradford.  They were both good.  They were the ones Jana gave me to read.  I must get them back to her because she hasn't read them.

Well hon, I must get this down before the mailman gets here so let me hear from you when you have the time.  

We have snow in piles in the parking lot over top of the cars.  I mean high, not over the cars!

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  Love to Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment