Cursor

Flower 55

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked December 31, 1991 ~~ And Grandma Photo From 1983


Grandma wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks again for all the nice things.  I also received a notice from Ladies Home Journal that you renewed the subscription.  Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies.  I would have made more but time ran out.

I can't imagine where my letter went.  We have our own mail box here in the building & it goes straight to the post office.  

I'm glad you were happy with your gifts.  I just couldn't get out & buy for everyone.  It was too much last year but I did it ~~ but no more!

Ruth & Harold took me to Findleys, a nice place across town.  There were a lot of Christmas parties going on at the time.

Donna & her family gave me a lovely necklace.  It is a version of "Mother & Child".  Also a beautiful music box with the Nativity scene.  The details are beautiful.  The figure was done in Italy & when you shake it, it has glitter in it instead of snow.

I am reading "The Prince of Tides".  Ruth wants me to go with her to see the movie.

Donna had me over for Christmas dinner.  Her dad & step-mother were there.  Her family is always so nice to me.  I used to go up in the Poconos almost every week with Donna to their home.  I was always invited back.

My eye operation was a success.  I am so glad I had it done.  I must get new glasses in January.  

Well hon, I'm running out of space so take care & write.

Love always,
Grandma

Love to Jack.  Hope he enjoyed all the Christmas goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment