Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked February 10, 1988



She wrote:  

Dear Shelby,

Such a nice surprise!  Thanks so much for the nice Valentine's gift.  It is going to be a treat to eat!

I am sending you the picture from a Herrschner's catalog.  I sent for it!

I went out to Piece Goods yesterday.  They had a sale & I got Aida cloth for the little boy picture.  The cloth was on sale for 22 cents per inch.  Ruth wants me to do her a stocking like your Dad's, a Santa Claus face.  Don't forget any time you want anything done, just say so.

The snow is still around from last week & more is due tomorrow.

I am having my income tax done.  The man for the IRS comes here & does it for us for free!

I am getting a hair cut today.  I sure need it.  Cindi, up at the Phoebe Home Beauty Shop does it for me.  She only charges $4.

Did I tell you I am going to Atlantic City on March 30?  They are taking up a bus load from here.  It only costs $3.00!!!  They give you $5.00 in quarters to start to gamble with.  

Paul just called & he says he is doing alright.  He sure looks better.  I thought we would lose him there for a while.

How are you doing with your microwave oven?  I'm sure it is a big help.  I've been looking at the Sharp Carousel II.  It has the turn table & is small and would fit on my hutch.  It is cream colored.

Well hon, thanks again & let me hear from you. 

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  Love to Jack.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete