Cursor

Flower 55

Monday, December 9, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked December 28, 1993


She wrote:

I hope you had a nice Christmas!  Wish I could have been there.  I went to Donna's -- just the three girls -- Tara was coming over that night.

The weather was bitter cold.  I went to church Christmas morning and when I got out of the car -- the wind pushed me across the street!  It was at -15F wind chill & only 7F regular temperature.  I wore my fur coat!  Donna & Bernie came into church & sat next to me.  The church was beautifully decorated.

Donna said Nicole got your cards & she was going to get her to answer them.

I am making a roast this morning plus a sweet potato casserole.

It snowed here Christmas night with sleet & freezing rain.  It looks like more of the same at present.

Thanks so much for the nice box.  The books look good & of course I can always drink tea.

I called about the jelly I ordered for your mom & they were very sorry it didn't arrive on time so they are going to send me a coupon for a 20 % off of my next order.

Harold is just struggling along.  Ruth said he took 3 nitro pills in a row yesterday morning.  The nurse was there at the time & she was upset about it.  The doctor wants to put him in the hospital but he won't go.

I can't wait till Saturday for the parades.  I always look forward to the Mummers.  I just watch it in the afternoon & evening.  It starts at about 8 o'clock in the morning.  That is always the comic division.  I like the pretty part -- all the beautiful costumes.

Our temperatures are in the single digits this week.  Too cold for me!

Well hon, better close here because there really isn't much news so write when you can.  Love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment