Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked October 25, 1989

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received  your nice letter & am always glad to hear from you.

After a very bleak weekend, it is a nice day today.  It missed a good chance to snow on Sunday.

Your Mom was going to come up last Sunday & go back on Monday but decided not to.  

You say you would like an afghan.  I have several nice books & you can look in the craft shops or any where they sell them but don't buy anything until you check with me.  I might already have one like it.  I'll bring mine down when I come.

Mrs. Wallace brought me two doughnuts Sunday.  They had a bake sale at St. Catherine's & she got some.  St. Catherine's is a cathedral church, very large.  I don't go there because it is too big.  It is only 2 blocks away.

Harold has to go to see if he has to have an eye operation.  I get the date mixed up.  His sight seems to deteriorate.

I had a urinalysis & some blood work done a couple of weeks ago.  I went to the doctor yesterday for the result.  It seems I have a slight bladder infection but my cholesterol is down, my potassium is fine, blood sugar excellent, in all it turned out pretty good for a nearly 79 year old lady.  He took an electrocardiogram and it turned out good.  He is changing my heart medicine.  It will take a few days so I have to taper off one kind & start on another.  The Inderol I take is dangerous if withdrawn suddenly.

Well hon, I must get ready to go out so let me hear from you & take care.  

Love always,

Grandma

Love to Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment