Cursor

Flower 55

Monday, January 16, 2023

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked January 10, 1987


She wrote:  

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letter.

I'm glad you could use the dishes.  Did you get the recipes I sent?  

I didn't go to Donna's for New Year.  The weather was so threatening -- storm warnings -- I begged off.  It is snowing now.  The Mummer's Parade was cancelled for New Year's Day & then it was supposed to be on Saturday -- that was cancelled too & they held it last Sunday.

Paul, Marion & I went to New Jersey (to Paula's) for the day.  She gave me two books -- Belva Plain's The Golden Cup & Carol Burnett's Memoir.

I'm doing two loads of laundry.  The laundry room is next door.

I have started my sweater.  I hope it fits.  I love the colors.

Nicole had her knee operated on between Xmas and New Year.  She will be in a cast for 4 to 6 weeks.  I baby sat her two days last week.  It looks as though I have my work cut out for me for a while.  Donna's friend stayed on Monday & Thursday & Donna's sister on Friday.  I don't know what the schedule will be the coming week.  Only about 3 more.

Well, that is about all the news, so let me hear from you when you can.

Love always,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment