Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked April 30, 1996

 ..

She wrote:

We just had a fire drill.  We all have to go out to the stairway until it stops "clanging".

Did you remember to change your address on your driver's license & registration?  

Hope you had a nice day to move.  We have had rainy, cool, damp & altogether unpleasant weather this week.

I'm glad you like my new address stickers.  I had run out & didn't know where to get any until I saw it in the Sunday paper.

Dr. Shore didn't say exactly why my legs acted up -- but he did say I didn't have very good circulation in my legs & that was one reason & that was caused by my bad heart.  I also have a bit of arthritis in both knees & ankles -- so that always helps!  Driving doesn't seem to bother me as I am sitting down.  I get where I'm going, like to the grocery store etc, & when I get tired I just stop a minute & it goes away.

I bought a mango the other day.  It has been so long since I had one.  They are so good!

I bought at Wal-Mart, a box of film.  I have it on hand so if I get down there I'll have them ready.

Well hon, good luck on your moving - hope it goes well.  Take care & don't overdo it.  Love to Jack.

Love Always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment