Cursor

Flower 55

Friday, September 15, 2023

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 28, 1991

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letter.  Such a pretty card.

I visit Dr. Shore on Nov. 15th.  He said I could go ahead with the implant surgery if I wanted it done.  I don't have much choice.  It needs doing.

The weather here is great.  In the 60s during the day & low 40s at night.  My heat has kicked in a few times already.  

Your Mom & Dad's visit was too short.  Better than nothing though!

Did you get your new Xmas Herrschner's catalog?  Some pretty things in there.

I want to get up to the Farmer's Market this morning & get some Bosc pears.  They are just coming in now.  They are a late pear.

I finished your Mom's sampler.  It sure is pretty.

When I have my eye done, I won't be able to read.  I can watch tv though.  You are not allowed to bend over either.  Have to be careful.

Well hon, I better get this in the mail, so write when you can & take care.

Love always,
Grandma

Love to Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment