Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked April 10, 1997

 

She wrote:  

Dear Shelby,

Sorry I didn't write sooner but I'm still not quite back to normal as yet.  My arms are still rather weak.

I must say I really loved your house.  It's all I expected it to be.  I know you are happy to be in it.  How long is your driveway?  I hope the bunnies don't eat your garden.

We were in for a big surprise when I saw all that snow around.  Can you believe it!  I saw pictures of Boston but never thought about having it here.

It is very cold here.  A winter coat is the order of the day.

The exterminator is coming tomorrow to spray in our cabinets.  They do this once a year.  I have never seen a bug.

I guess I will have to accept the fact that my legs are not going to get any better.  I get so tired trying to do much.  I'm just glad I have made it this far.

I really enjoyed my trip down there.  It has been so long.  

Well hon, it is time to get my supper, so let me here from you.  Love to Jack.  Take care!

Love always,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment