Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Grandma Letter ~~ December 1994


She writes:

12/7/94

Dear Shelby

Thanks for the pretty card.  They are always so pretty & the letter most enjoyable.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.  It always tastes better when someone else cooks it.

My cactus is dormant now but it is healthy looking.  It has certainly grown.  I've changed the plant food last week.  I'm using Schultz Instant plant food.  I want to see if that will do any good.

I'm glad  you liked the "Lady".  It was  lot of work.  It went so much easier after I started blocking off in squares.  I could keep better track of the pattern.  I like the little boy & girl pictures.  They are so real looking.

I agree with you on your ideas about the house.  Now days they just slap them up & you pay through the nose for it.

I got out my Xmas decorations yesterday.  I don't put out a lot because I hate to take them down.

I got a perm Monday.  My hair was getting long & out of shape.

I liked those cookies best too.  They are called "The White House Favorite".  It takes 3 1/3 cups of ground nuts.  Thank goodness I have a blender.

Ruth didn't do so hot at Atlantic City - broke about even.  I would love to go but my legs get so tired when I walk a lot.  The doctor calls it edema of the legs due to heart failure.  Well, I just walk until I get tired & then I stop.  I can always read!

Take care & write soon.  Love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment