Cursor

Flower 55

Friday, August 25, 2017

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked June 7, 1996



She writes:

Dear Shelby,

Received your letter & glad to hear from you.

I am sending this check to you & Jack as a house warming gift.  Use it as you see fit!

This afghan picture was on the front of Herrschners' craft book.  I think it is beautiful!  They have the kit in 56" x 56" but also a smaller one done in 2 ply.  Yours was made with 3 ply.  The small one would be nice just for over the end of the couch or chair.

Nicole called me the other day & asked me to come to baccalaureate service.  She finished school & is Donna proud.  I couldn't make much sense out of what she was trying to tell me so I told her to tell her Mom to call me but I haven't heard anything yet.

The duck was way up in the vetch  & I can't see her - last year they were just outside my window.  She had 9 ducklings.  I almost went nuts watching them those last few days or so.

Yes, I drive okay (your Mom thinks I should be off the road but she makes me so nervous when she is in the car.).  I am fine when I sit.  My knees are weak & ankles also - so I get tired when I walk & have to stop & rest.

I bet you love that tub.  I remember taking a Reader's Digest in ours (when we had that type) & would sit & read & soak.

I can't remember when I made pasta salad last so I'm not much help.  Green Giant has a bag of veggies and it is a meal you make in a skillet.  I forget what it is called & Ruth says it is very good.  I'll find out.  Well hon, enjoy the beautiful weather & also the blackberries.  I brought some beautiful strawberries yesterday for 88 cents a lb & peaches for 79 cents.  I got a bag full.

Write soon & take care.  I hope Jack gets his birthday card.  Give him a big hug from me!!

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment