Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked February 3, 1996


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letters.  You are just hoping for nice weather here -- it is about 10F & snowed all night.  It is supposed to go to about 1F tonight.  I guess I will have to get my fur coat out & wear it to church!  If my car will start!

I showed Becky the pictures you sent & she saw the tub and she just loved it.  That is her favorite kind -- with the claw feet.  

Dr. Jones said my eyesight is excellent.  I told him I read a lot & do needlework and he said keep right on, it won't hurt you a bit.

Ruth had her left eye done on Thursday.  She can hardly believe how much better she can see.

I don't know why Dr. Shore put me on aspirin.  I didn't think to ask.  I will the next time I go.  The nurse called & said my blood work was fine.  They will let me know how the echo-cardiogram turns out when they get the results.  

Yes, Fred is holding his own.  He is amazing.  

I didn't watch the Super Bowl.   I don't care for football.

I am sure you are anxious to move into your house.  I love the picture you sent.

Well, hon, I better get this done & in the mail box so write when you can & be careful on the ice.  

Love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment