Cursor

Flower 55

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked January 10, 1996


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Help ~~ I'm snowed in!  We have about 30" of snow.  I don't know when this letter will be picked up ~~ it will come by pony express, I guess!

All I did yesterday was work on my puzzle & watch the news in Philly.    The roads are restricted to emergency traffic only ~~ $300 fine if caught.  Necessary traffic only.

While I think of it, I am enjoying the puzzles, but the next time you get me one, get an interlocking one.  I am about 2/3 finished with this one.

I received your lovely card and am glad you are getting along so well on the house.

Did you get much snow?  I wanted to get a perm today, but I just told Ruth that I'll probably be running around with pigtails.  No telling when I can get out.  I'm okay for a few days.

When doing a puzzle, I am glued to it.  I can't leave it alone.

It is still snowing since yesterday morning about 6:00 AM.  There is no traffic & no anything around. 

Well hon, I will write more when I can see a paper & get more news.

At least I can fill up on cookies.  There is snow on the ground since before Christmas & all this on top of it.

Write when you can, and take care.

Love to you & Jack,

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment