Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked May 13, 1996

 

She wrote:

Received your welcome letter & very glad to hear from you.

I am sure you love your new house.  I'm so glad you had a nice day to move.  Your Mom says everything is beautiful!

I have the TV on a PBS station - it is showing "A Search for the Oregon Trail".  It is a 3 hour documentary.  I enjoy programs like that.

We had a bad storm yesterday evening.  It is very windy & cold today, in the 50s.

We had a duck nesting on the slope outside my window.  Not as close as the one last year.  They, somehow, get the ducklings down to the lake.  The one last year had 9.

I am reading "Carousel" by Belva Plain.  I went out to the library Friday & also got a Catherine Cookson book.

I am making a small pot roast.  It makes good sandwiches.

Well hon, not much news, so write when you can & love to Jack.

Take care.

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  My fingers are getting some arthritis & my writing gets worse.  I hope you can read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment