Cursor

Flower 55

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked May 24, 1989

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

I hope you enjoyed your trip over the weekend.  I love the Williamsburg area.

I'm glad you are feeling better.  I cough a lot but mine is from a constant draining of my sinuses. 

Yes, Harold has had his share of problems.  I must take him to the hospital at 1:00 today for eye therapy.

You mention you think of Donna's girls as in grade school.  Do you know I always think of you as a girl.  I just can't think of you as a grown woman.  You are still just a little girl to me.

They are installing new elevators in both buildings - ours this week & the upper level next week.  I'm glad I can use the third floor entrance to unload groceries.  I never use the elevator except when I have packages.

That must have been a very bad storm.  I'm afraid of that kind of violence because there is nothing you can do about it.

Do you have any flowers planted yet?

I was thinking I might come down the weekend after Labor Day.

Love always,

Grandma

Love to Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment