Cursor

Flower 55

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked March 2, 1981


She wrote:

I suppose you know by now your Mom & Dad were up here over the weekend.  I enjoyed their visit & wish you could have been along.

Received both your letters & always glad to hear from you.

We went out to the Round Table for dinner Saturday & your Mom mentioned "The Wizard of Oz".  I said "The movie was on Friday night." & your Dad said he was sure they had seen it 20 times & he was sure you watched it if possible.  Well, when I got the mail out of the box (late) when I got home, you said in your letter that you watched it.  We really got a laugh out of it, because he said he was sure you would!

I had to go to the dentist this morning & go back again tomorrow.

We are supposed to get snow today and go down to 17 tonight.

Your Mom loved the vest & she said she would take it along & see that you got it.

I am doing some sewing for two ladies.  Your Mom left me 4 dresses & 2 shirts to shorten.  She really made a haul at Vanity Fair & Pennywise.  She got 3 pair of shoes, 6 bras, 2 slips, 3 dresses.  Your Dad got 2 pair of jeans, 2 pair of socks & a vest.  At Pennywise, she got a suit, 2 skirts & a blouse.  Everything was very pretty.

Well hon, I must get this in the box, so write soon.

Love always,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment