Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked June 7, 1994


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received your pretty card yesterday.  Thanks!

I am glad you passed your CPR class.  It is good to know how.

Yes, I went to Mayfair the first year they had it.  It was during the day & not too bad.  They have all kinds of crafts & food & more food.  Entertainment galore!  We can hear the music up here.

I never buy watermelon as I love cantaloupe.  I always have one in the refrigerator during the summer.

Ruth has Harold back in the hospital again.  She is trying to get him into Cedar Brook.  You can get in easier if you are in the hospital.  Mrs. Wallace's husband is over there.  It is kept spotlessly clean.  It is pitiful to see some of them in their wheelchairs - can't talk or walk or not much else either.

We had a bad storm last night.  It really hailed.  It is better out today.

I go back to Dr. Bond next week.

Did you see any of the Memorial services they had in Normandy?  I watched Peter Jennings.  It was quite emotional.

My arthritis is acting up in my right hip, leg and ankle.  I couldn't sleep the other night it hurt so.  It is better today though.

Well hon, write when you can & thank you again for the nice card.  Take care.  Love to Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment