Cursor

Flower 55

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked May 25, 1991


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letter.  Your little stamps & address labels are always so cute.

Yes, a nice box of fresh strawberries would have been nice.  Your bill of fare at your mom's sounded good.  She makes such good potato salad.

Ruth & Harold got back Thursday night & said it was great.  The best seafood!  I really don't know how far it is but it is about a 3 hour ride.  Ruth & I went one summer & visited Tangier Island.  The best crab cakes!!

They (the city) is having what they call Mayfair down at the lake & the park area Thursday though Monday.  They expect about 300,000 people.  That area is only 2 blocks away!

Mrs. Wallace had an ulcer that had eaten though her stomach.  She had to have three cc of blood.  She is home now, but very weak.  Her niece had a lady that lives here that is a retired nurse stay with her during the day.

I went to a dance recital of Amy's last Sunday.  Bernie picked up me & his mother .  It was good.  Donna was just getting over bronchial pneumonia.

Nicole will be going out to the Special Olympics final games this summer.  It will be for 9 days.

I must get my summer clothing out.  I have lost a lot of weight.  My slacks just hang on me!

Well hon, there really isn't much news here so take care & let me hear from you.

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  Give my love to Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment