Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked May 30, 1996


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the pictures, cards & clippings.  Enjoyed them all!  I love the card.  The old fashioned ones are always the nicest!

It has been very cold here, only about 50F at noon Tuesday!  This a.m. it was 45F.

Dr. Jones said my eyes were in good shape.

We had the movie "Sister Act II" with Whoopie Goldberg.  It was not as good as the first one.  My hearing is getting bad & I could not hear it all without my TV aid.

Donna invited me to Bernie's 50th birthday party Saturday in the church hall.  I went to 4:30 Mass & then over to the party.  It was nice.  Tara & Eric came up.  They arrived around 7:00.  She said it took them 5 1/2 hours from Bon Air.  Donna said Nicole was going to spend part of the summer with Tara & then she was going down for a week.

I just read "Wings" by Danielle Steele & another one called "Facets" that was good.

I just watched the Biography of Carol Burnett on TV.  It was very good.  I have the book if you would like to have it.  I know you read a lot of Bios.

I am going out to the Acme to get a Purdue Roaster.  They are on sale for 69 cents a lb.  They also have cantaloupes for 99 cents!

Well hon, not much news on this end, so write when you can & love to Jack.  Take care.

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  I love the table your Dad made - it's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment