Cursor

Flower 55

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked March 19, 1993



She wrote:

Dear Shelby & Jack,

Thanks for the cute sayings you sent me.  I will take them down to Ruth & let her see them. 

I suppose you know we had a real knockout blizzard here.  It cost me $10 to get my car shoveled out.  It snowed then hailed then snowed again.  The snow was so heavy you couldn't shovel it.  They used pick axes to break it up.  One of the ladies here had 3 of her grand-children and her son ask if anyone wanted their snow cleared off.  About 12 of the cars had it done.  The maintenance crew plowed one path up the drive & that was it.  There were 3' & 4' drifts in the driveway.  All the highways were closed & the National Guard was sent out to keep people (cars) off the streets.  To say the least, it was bad!  On top of that, it rained all day & all night on Tuesday.

Mrs. Wallace's eye is doing very well.

Ruth's granddaughter is taking Harold to the doctor today.  I took her grocery shopping two days this week. 

I suppose you are having good weather.  Your early flowers should be getting ready to come up.  It will be July before all this snow melts.

Hope you get the candy I made soon.  It won't spoil!

Well hon, not much news here, except the weather.  I am sending you some pictures of what it was like.

Take care, write when you can.

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  They wouldn't send the mailmen out on Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment