Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked March 4, 1996


She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Received your nice letter & pictures & I just love the one of the back of the home.  I am glad the tub has reached its "final resting place".  I love the fixtures.  Are your cabinets going to have doors or are they open shelves?  I know you just love the ledges for flower pots.

I saw another episode of "Rich Man, Poor Man" yesterday & before that there were 2 hours of "Woman of Substance".  It is on the Family Channel.

We have had some really cold & nasty weather here & expect more.  On Friday, it is supposed to snow again & the temperature will stay in the teens.

Did you plant anything at your new domain yet?

I haven't heard any more about Tara & Eric.  I didn't get much out of Jana's explanation ... she rambles on so.

I found two new books up in our library - "A Ruling Passion" by Judith Michael & "Family Blessings" by LaVyrle Spencer.  They look good.  The weather has been so bad, I didn't want to go out to Parkland Library so I have been browsing around upstairs.  I don't really like the Allentown Library.  I never know where to find anything.

Did I tell you I read "Rainmaker" by John Grisham?  I liked his first book the best.  "A Time to Kill"

Well hon, not much news here so write when you can & take care.  Love to you & Jack.

Love always,

Grandma

P.S.  Ruth is going to Branson, Missouri soon f or a week with her niece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment