Cursor

Flower 55

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked March 29, 1991


She wrote:

Dear Shelby & Jack,

I received your nice present of petite fours yesterday & thanks a lot!  It was so sweet of you.  It came while the nurse was here & I opened it & we both had a sample.  Delicious!

It is cold here today.  It was very windy here yesterday.

I go back to Dr. Shore on the 19th.  The nurse still comes & takes blood samples, etc.  They are watching over me.

Yes, I tried doing laundry this week.  Ruth has been very sick with a very bad cold.  I am next to the laundry room & I didn't have any trouble.  A neighbor went to the Farmer's Market for me yesterday.

Donna called last night & invited me for Sunday dinner.  Said she would come for me & bring me back and if I didn't feel like coming, she would bring a dinner.  

I got my bill from the hospital this week.  $13,633.  Intensive care - 7 days at $1,188 per day!!!  Plus 3 days semi-private at $368 per day plus all the extras - EKGs, xrays, etc.  Medicare pays all but $628 & I have Blue Cross that is supposed to cover the rest.

I am not doing any sewing just now.  I did try the other night to do some cross stitch but in a little while my arms got too tired.  But I will try to do a little every night.  My legs still get very tired.  I believe the blood thinner keeps me like that.

Well hon, I better close and get this in the mail.  Take care!

Love always,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment