Cursor

Flower 55

Monday, September 28, 2020

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked October 10, 1990

 


She wrote:

It was so nice to see you & Jack.  It doesn't happen often enough.

I enjoyed my visit.  I was tired when I got home.  I always have reverberations after I have ridden a long way like that.  I feel like I'm still moving!

Your Dad bought home a load of watermelons, cucumbers, etc. etc from down in the country.  When I went to load my car, he had put 5 melons in the trunk & about a peck of cucumbers.  I am going to give Donna 2 melons & some cucumbers.  I gave Ruth a melon & Mrs. Wallace a 1/2 one plus both some cukes.  I don't know where to go with some of it -- but I'm not complaining, I appreciate it!

I will send your coasters back by your Mom.  I hope you like your little fridge ornaments.  I think they are cute.  

Your Dad gave me enough apples for a pie.  

It will soon be time to start thinking about Christmas.  Start thinking about what I can get for both of you.

Well hon, I must get busy so let me hear from you & take care.  

Love always,

Grandma

Love to Jack.

P.S.  I'm glad you enjoyed the shoofly pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment