Cursor

Flower 55

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 10, 1991

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Such a pretty note card!  You always send the nicest ones.

Ruth and I plan on going to Reading tomorrow.  I want to get a scarf for around my neck.  It is so scrawny!

I am taking 4 kinds of medicine plus a nitroglycerine patch ($49) It strengthens your heart.  Plus I take 3 kinds of eye drops.  I go to Dr. Shore Friday.  I really feel much better but am not gaining any weight back as yet.

I got "Buffalo Girls" from the library & didn't like it.  It's about Buffalo Bill Cody.  I am reading some of Janet Dailey's books.  "The Heiress" was very good.

I have seen "The Ten Commandments" several times.  I like those types of movies.  "Quo Vadis" is another I like.  Also "Ben-Hur".

I am doing a load of wash & keep running into the laundry room. 

The weather here is nice but the nights will soon be getting cold.

I bought some boneless spare ribs yesterday & was going to make pork & sauerkraut with mashed potatoes.

Did you start your tablecloth yet?  I love to look through their catalogs.

I just have a little more back stitching to do on your mom's sampler & I will be done!!

I guess your flowers are about finished.  I'm glad your Rose of Sharon bloomed so you can see what color it is.  

Well hon, write when you can & take care.  

Love always,

Grandma

Love to Jack1

No comments:

Post a Comment