Cursor

Flower 55

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 11, 1996


She wrote:

What a dreary day!  I wanted to go to Moore's (craft shop) for a few things but it looks like it will pour any minute o I changed my mind.  

You know I would gladly make a picture for you or anything, just ask!  Did you see the one I made for your mom and also her new afghan?

Did your Mom give you the cookies?  I just gave her the container & didn't say what to do with them.  I thought they stayed in good shape.  I was eating on them too.

I must get something done for my hearing.  I can tell it is not like it used to be but what can you expect at almost 86!  I told Ruth yesterday, my legs are giving me trouble & my heart acts up but as long as my mind stays sharp, I'm happy.  

I was amazed last night that not one of the 3 players on Jeopardy didn't know that Alaska was the territory we paid 7 M  for from Russia!  All three said Louisiana Purchase.

I didn't start my afghan yet.  I need another size needle.  I'll have to buy one.  I finished Ruth's picture this week & wouldn't you know she brought me 4 more shirts from Fred to shorten the sleeves.  And I thought she was my friend!!  

She made Shoo Fly pies & brought me 1/2 of one.  Are they good!  They are almost 2" thick.

I didn't send the Christmas cactus back with your mom because they didn't have any more room in the car.

I am reading "The Plains of Passage" by Jean M. Auel.  A lady on the 2nd floor has several and I have read all now but "The Mammoth Hunter".  It is all about the "Ice Age".  They are good!

Well, I better get this done and in the mail, so take care & give my love to Jack.  Write soon.

Love always,
Grandma

P.S.  I love your address stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment