Cursor

Flower 55

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Grandma Letter ~~ Postmarked September 22, 1980

 

She wrote:

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the nice letter.  Too bad you could not have been here this weekend.  Your Mom & I went to the Round Table.  We remembered when you ordered the lasagna.  I started to get it but wound up with combination seafood.  We had an old fashioned cocktail.  Sure was good.

I didn't see any of the movies you mentioned in your letter, at least I don't remember.  I was movie crazy in the 1920s.  I do remember the silent films.  They always had a piano player in the front of the theater & especially in a western when the Indians were chasing the cowboys - the piano player almost went crazy, he played so fast!  Remember, I was born in 1910 so I did see a lot of silents.  I hope you see "Tess of the Storm Country" & "Orphans in the Storm".  Will you see any of Charlie Chaplin's films?

I did send "The Last Enchantment" back by your mom.  You may keep it.

Better let me know what you want for Xmas.  It will be here sooner than you think.

Write when you can.

Love always,

Grandma 

P.S.  I got the afghan for Sue started.  I go to the Danbury, CT fair on Oct. 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment